Sunday, December 11, 2016

How can I develop My Own Leadership Opportunities?


Learning is a life-long, constant process. And, it's a process I'm willing to participate in. Currently, I've had the wonderful blessing of fulfilling the role I've desired for several years. Within this role I've made it a priority to seek out my mentor within the same organization. He helps guide me and really appreciates my talent. We've collaborated on our shared vision and goals for the organization and for ourselves. I admire the work he's done and I aspire to be able to have the same type of impact. There are several projects I'm working on to help create visual knowledge of the direction of my role and department for the organization. 

I've made it a point to become a part of professional societies and groups relating to the work I do. I've developed a network of working professionals within and outside of the industry I work in to include friends I know and people in similar positions and departments. I'm also making it a point to stay in contact with students whom I've had the pleasure of having class with over the past three years. And, most importantly, I'm keeping my mind open to new and different information. I'm embracing a "4 Columns" exercise I completed in class to unleash a style of learning I wasn't able to access because of what I became immune to from my childhood. 

My opportunities are endless and I can't wait to explore the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment