Sunday, December 4, 2016

Encourage the Heart. HRDO 590


Over the past few weeks I've encouraged 3 people on a job well done.

1. I congratulated my husband on his promotion at work. We appreciate the work he does every day to make sure we, as a family, are provided for. He really appreciated the acknowledgment and it felt good to connect with him to tell him the same exact things he's proud of me for, I am proud of him for.

2. I told my friend she has done an amazing job on taking critical feedback about her leadership style and changing the dynamic of her team for the better. As a result she will get an increase in pay and eventually another promotion. It was great to see her reaction to being acknowledged but also to know the advice I gave her was spot-on and vital for her leadership.

3. I told someone a job well done that I hardly ever speak to and interact with from a distance. I told this person how proud of him I was for the efforts and strides he's made in fatherhood, work and his committed relationship. I told him there are many young boys that look up to him. He walked away from this feeling wonderful and ready to conquer the day. As a result, we've built a solid working relationship and now have meetings regarding his learning and development. It was really nice to know I  could encourage this young man to do better just by acknowledging the great job he's doing all the way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment